Monday, May 16, 2022

Construction update

   It's been a busy week and I've only gotten one game of 40k in, so I don't have too much to report.  But I've been hobbying a little and got some primer on the buildings.  


  It took two cans of primer to get all of this stuff caught up.  I found out that MDF absorbs paint so much that I had to prime to prime to prime before I can even consider putting paint on.  The thick puddles of primer on the surfaces made me nervous until I returned a couple hours later to find the wood-brown color still poking through.  Wow.

  But now that I'm up to this point, it's time to start considering the colors.  I'm even going to recruit my daughter to help as she's artistic and I have an airbrush that we all need practice with.  


  I'm really excited to have some Settlement-worthy terrain for my Necromunda battles.  I even realized that this new stuff is just as good for the Underhive as it is for the Ash Wastes.  And remember that I have way more to build, so I can even differentiate the two settings if I need to...

  This leads me to the first model built out of the Ash Wastes.  It was very, very fiddly and the pieces are so tiny that cutting off the frame-nubs was very stressful for me.  But the stress was very rewarding as the model is really awesome and reminded me of building fine model airplane kits when I was a kid.



  I kept the driver and gun-caddy separate so that the model is easier to paint.  Also, having a spare quad just lying around the battlefield might be a tempting reason for the gangs to scuffle...

  The battlefield is coming!  Have you been working on anything?  Let me know in the comments below.  Happy Hobbying!


No comments:

Post a Comment