Tuesday, May 24, 2022

Workers are going home...

   My last many posts have been about the construction project I've adopted- the new TTCombat terrain for our Necromunda games.  And we've finished this set this weekend!



  It's not the best paint job.  In fact, I decided that the rust-effect is the best as it hides the brushstrokes and adds that color that I was looking for.  This also matches the theme all too well considering that the Underhive isn't known for its pristine appearance.    


  We also took advantage of the airbrush for the grey and yellow.  It was a great learning experience as getting the paint to the proper consistency takes practice.  Unfortunately, we still have some learning to do and it turns out that yellow is even more difficult through an airbrush than with a paintbrush.


  For quick work with little experience, I'm pretty happy with the results.  Let's see:






  After layers of copper and silver came the sprayed layers of yellow.  That wasn't fun.  Then came the rust...





  Hours of work, including a little bit of weathering, and boom!  We now have something other than walkways and furnaces to battle over.  



  Remember that this is only one set of the Slum Blocks and one set of the Slum Stacks.  I still have more to build and paint, but this already presents enough terrain to have a good battle.  Have you been working on the setting of your games?  Let me know in the comments below.  


My name is not Jonas.  Happy Hobbying!

No comments:

Post a Comment