Saturday, January 9, 2021

A post; ANY post!?

   If you are still hanging around and waiting for me to post- I have to apologize.  In August of last year, I started a new, very physically-taxing job that more than sapped all the energy I had outside of work.  This, in addition to my professional job at night and training for my seasonal job upcoming, means that I was forced to neglect this poor site.  And for those loyal readers to the right (and unsubscribed still)- I apologize.  

  I don't feel so bad, however.  First, this is because I often see other [far more prolific and successful] bloggers having to take intermissions for various reasons themselves.  The "I'm sorry I haven't posted in a while" incident is almost becoming a trope.  And for not being unique, I feel less guilty.  

  More importantly, I don't feel as bad for failing to post because I have made sure to get some gaming and hobbying in as possible.  I believe there has not been a weekend without a game or furious painting since my last post.  And sometimes I even have pictures to prove it.  

  If you remember, I had already posted about my games using the new Necrons and my feelings on them.  Well, we played many, many more games and eventually leveled the scores.  In fact, my Necrons first lost against my wife's Sisters of Battle, then against the Dark Angels (my son and I had switched armies so I could test my theory), and finally in a legitimately close game that came down to the final die roll.  It was a mission worth completing- defeating the 'space robots from space' and justifying a game each weekend despite health-affecting exhaustion.  Those many game provide the proof of hobby-involvement even without consistent updates to the blog.  

  There was much progress on the painting front as well.  My Ultramarines are only three models from Dark Imperium being complete (after the release of Indomitus- DON'T JUDGE!) and my Necrons are all done.  While easy, the army is still striking on the tabletop.  It's cool to remember where it started...


  This new year isn't looking any easier (quite the opposite, in fact), but I'm going to try to post more than once a quarter.  If I don't, I apologize in advance.  Hopefully, my newest toy will bring that Gaze of Death if I don't...


Happy Hobbying!

1 comment:

  1. It is all about what you can manage and what brings you joy. Don't worry about us.

    ReplyDelete