Tuesday, October 29, 2019

The things my wife is into...

  I can proudly say that my efforts over the last two decades has paid off.  My wife is a hobbyist.  But it's rather strange the things that she enjoys...

  First off, she's much more into AoS than 40k.  In fact, she has an equivalent amount of undead as I do Ultramarines (and I have the high credit card debt to prove it).  While I have plenty of Fantasy armies (Aelves, Free Peoples, Slaves to Darkness, Greenskins), she can equal most of them with just skeletons and ghosts.  Worse, her Legions of Nagash and Nighthaunt are already mostly painted while I have exactly one model painted from my Ironjaws.  It's embarrassing. 
  Second, my wife loves 'fantasy' more than scifi.  This is obvious not only in the point above but in her D&D choices and even board games that we play.  The best example I have is the Joan of Arc game, where she is not interested in the massive French cavalry charges or royal intrigue that drives the story.  Oh no- she wants ghosts and skeletons and zombies and werewolves and the Devil (in whatever form)!  There seems to be some consequences to all those years of work...

  Finally, she's imbued with the luck in games that I, AN ACTUAL GAMER, don't seem to enjoy.  While I have been known to do well in tournies and even help some others refine their style, she just wins.  Like, doesn't even know how she does it wins.   Undead making FNP saves like champs, hitting with every attack from a Harbinger unit, and even playing soccer with a Knight against hordes of renegades!  It can be frustrating, and my son is more often the victim than I am (which may explain his disdain of AoS). 

  I've done such a good job of dragging my wife into the hobby that she's even started a blog.  In this blog, she discusses all sorts of things about life.  I took notice when she posted some work that she'd done, because it was more undead that already gave me nightmares.  And she did a fantastic job at it.  This Mourngul, courtesy of my buddy in his quest to see me lose hard and often, has been in the wife's army a number of times already and I've found the only way to handle it is to stay very far away.  It won't die and it puts out insane damage.  Check it out!
 

  She did a great post on her blog all about it and I recommend checking it out.  My love of the hobby and posting about it has rubbed off on her- SUCCESS!  And that Mourngul does not look friendly...

  Have you had any impressive 'conversion' stories like this?  We know wives and partners can often be resistant, but so can friends!  Let me know the story in the comments below.  

Happy Hobbying!



1 comment:

  1. It's great that your missus loves and shares your hobby. I will definitely check out her blog.

    ReplyDelete