Saturday, October 5, 2019

Blood for the Underworlds!


  I painted something fast!

  In a previous post, I noted that a buddy was coming to town and wanted to play some Underworlds.  So I frantically painted up the Chosen Axes dwarf warband that he was preparing to use.  But then we talked again and it turns out that he's also bringing a deck for Magore's Fiends...

  Darnit.  That means more painting.  So I finished up the trees from the last post and jumped right into this warband.  The good thing is that my son also likes to play this band and has been asking to paint them for some time.  I, being the perfectionist that I am, kept them to myself with a grand vision on how I wanted them to look.  But my buddy has thrown my timing off (by actually establishing a reason and a time-frame).  Now I had two people to stop procrastinating for.

  This warband was painted in the span of two days, between various other responsibilities.  I thought about taking pictures as I moved through the progress, but I was too lazy to pull out the digital camera (I miss my phone camera so much right now) and it didn't really matter.  With such a short turnaround required, I didn't exactly put my best effort forward.

  Nonetheless, they came out pretty striking and I'm happy with where the models are at.  A little bit of work on the reds and I think I can have these models at a display quality in no time!  But for now, they're game quality and just in time...

Magore's Fiends






  The pictures simply don't do these models justice AND show off all my corner-cutting techniques!  Oh well, I'm still relearning this camera.  The models just scream aggression and glory and definitely cut imposing figures across the gameboard.  In game, they are just as scary.  They aren't slow, have good defense, hit like a ton of bricks, and can be upgraded very quickly.  It takes some cunning to defeat these brutes and Magore's Fiends is definitely one of the bands we don't like to see very often.  

  Blood for the Blood God!   


Happy Gaming!

No comments:

Post a Comment