Monday, September 23, 2019

Death is also Ethereal in the Underworlds

  In my last post, I mentioned the Nightvault game.  Being a huge fan of the undead, my wife absolutely had to get that new set and the ghostly warband it contained.  Because of course she can't just be happy with skeletons.  She also had to have the ghosts.  I dread the day when GW releases the ghouls and vampires and zombies for Underworlds...


  What's interesting about this warband is that I also picked up a couple of the technical paints for her to try out.  Hexwraith Flame and Soulstone Blue were made to paint the new ghostly Nighthaunt models and she was excited to give them a try.  Not being a professional painter like me and my ilk (although she is artistic and her mother teaches canvas painting courses for a living), anything that makes this easier was great in her book.  In addition to those colors, she also took advantage of the Ryza Rust dry color for obvious reasons- undead aren't exactly cleaning and oiling their blades after every battle!  And better yet, it took her just a few hours to get the whole warband done. 

  Just like last post, I took pictures of the models in front of a black background and a white, curious to see which one I like better.  The black background makes the colors pop more, but the white background shows off the detail more.  I just can't figure out which one I like better...

Thorns of the Briarqueen










  I'd say her results were great no matter which background I chose.  I love my wife so much...  I just hope her playing all these death armies isn't giving her any ideas- I don't have life insurance!

  Again, let me know which background you like better.  I invite advice in this as I'm still learning.  Otherwise, as always- 

Happy Hobbying!













2 comments:

  1. Personally I prefer the black background. Perhaps you could reduce the light levels or ISO settings on the camera when taking photos with the black background to get the best of both worlds. No harm trying. Nice work by the way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's good to know! I finally begged the wife to get me some black construction paper, so I can start doing the black background again. Thanks for the advice! I don't know how to work on the camera yet, but you gave me somewhere to start. Much appreciated!

      Delete