Saturday, July 6, 2019

The newer Underhive


  One of the many projects that I have going right now is some fantastic terrain that I got in a Kickstarter.  This terrain closely resembles both the style and look of the original terrain for Necromunda back in the 90's.  Now I've finally got that stuff built and it looks fantastic!

  I've now played a couple of games of Necromunda and there's something that's not quite right to me.  The rules aren't bad, even if a bit different from the original game with those extra dice and the new alternating activation sequence.  But the rules aren't what feels quite right...  It's the setting.  While the storyline is the same, now the game has us fighting in these tunnels.  Gangs used to fight across soaring gantries and crumbling ladders.  The new version of Necromunda is a board game now and it's just not the same...


 I found some terrain that absolutely fits the bill and takes advantage of the expansion rules for 3D terrain (which aren't many).  I have enough to paint and don't want to paint terrain.  If you're looking for something like this and the many, many advantages, check them out here


  It took me a while to get all mind built, but I finally did.  My wife even helped out with the second set that we ordered.  It was hilarious that it took me two weeks to build the first bundle, but then it took the wife and me only a day to build the second.  Have I even mentioned that my wife is a bit crafty?  

  We still haven't had a chance to use it yet, but we at least wanted to set some of it up and show it off.  It looks great!  No painting, no gluing plastic or metal, and no set layout- all modular!  Check this stuff out below:


The Skirmish bundle without the Cover set




The brilliant ladder-clip
   And there it is!  Tell me what you think and definitely let me know if you get some.  This terrain has me completely geeked to play Necromunda.  I hope that this is what's missing from that game because the quality of this terrain isn't go to be the issue. 

  Even better, this stuff has me excited to build some home-made industrial stuff like storage tanks and generator complexes.  I can't compare with GW terrain, but I can make stuff that easily compliments this stuff.  Plus, who wants walkways with nothing to walk around?  That's certainly not what battling in the Underhive is about...

 






No comments:

Post a Comment