Thursday, January 18, 2018

The Golden Host

  I mentioned before that I'm actually a fan of the Age of Sigmar game.  I can hear the gasps of disbelief now, but I promise it's true.  Better, my wife likes it!  She's not as keen to the grimdark of 40k as I am, so I have to settle for whatever she's willing to play, and I am not unhappy that AoS is her choice of wargame.

  When the set first came out, I bought it and slapped it all together to play with my buddy.  We even took over his local GW store with hoots and hollers of a couple of guys enjoying an old-fashioned beatdown (on the tabletop, of course).  I went home, infected my family and a couple of friends, and then assumed that we'd be playing with fully painted armies in no time flat.

  At first, my wife used my old High Elves (now known as 'Aelves'), including the purchase of a phoenix or two and a very powerful force that I couldn't kill regardless of what I used.  I also made the complete mistake of using Slaves to Darkness (the old Mortals of Chaos Undivided)- they suck!  So I was left with using the Stormcast in order to compete against her.  Frost Phoenixes (Phoenii?) are so broken that even the lightning-boyz couldn't take them down.  But I love the gold nonetheless.

  She eventually moved on to Undead, collecting everything Deathrattle, Nighthaunt, Deadwalker, and even Flesh-eaters (although the last one is mine as she just cannot get excited about the ghouls).  My brother bought Ironjaws for me for Christmas, which immediately excited my son, and we got to building that stuff.  But my attention drifted elsewhere and real life started throwing distractions our way and I completely fell off of Age of Sigmar.

  Here lately, the wife has been itching to paint and pulled out Neferata and her skellies to hobby on while I slaved away on Bobby G.  And seeing her AoS stuff getting worked on finally reminded me that I have other stuff too!  I might as well pull some of it out to work on.

  Guess what!?!?  I had forgotten that I had painted up a small force of those Stormcast Eternal guys!  I used gold spray paint from Wal-mart (not a wise idea), but the models are striking, especially after all this time.  So here's the pic of the force all in their colours and another of their leader, fresh from the game box...

920 points

Where's the lightning!?!
  As I post this, my wife is painting more skellies.  I guess I better get some more of these golden guys built...

No comments:

Post a Comment