Tuesday, February 10, 2015

The Beginning of Infinity





  Yep, we played this game some more.  My buddy brought the set over and has been itching to play and master the rules, so we've gone to town on it.  In this mission, we got to use all the models in the starter set and most of the rules.  And boy was it fun.  

  For the other five missions, my PanO guys had beat the poor Nomads out of every one of their holdings.  My dice luck was unimpeachable and we saw crazy stuff.  During those battles, my ARO (reactions) killed more of his guys than his actual actions.  It was all too common that he would fail his roll against me and I would basically 'shock' a guy out of the game with my rolls.  But this final battle was different.

  For the first time, my buddy beat me.  It started with my Commando successfully dropping behind enemy forces, only to be peppered with firepower from every direction.  Then my sniper was killed by the other sniper, seeing my over the rooftops.  Funny enough, his sniper then went on to kill my Fusilier sent there to support him one command later...

  My Knight-Father and Orc both vaulted for the central objective, depending on their armour to keep them alive.  But that reactionary shooting by a well-deployed Nomad force and the lucky dice turnaround that was finally deserved meant that both my hardcore guys were eliminated quickly.

  The game ended with the Nomads clearly in charge of the R&D Facility and my forces unconsious all over the place.  The only non-casualty was 'Triggers', my beautiful female Fusilier intent on her nails.  She has been the MVP of so many of our battles and has never gone down, so she is obviously everything she thinks she is and more...  (how do you put the mac on a miniature again?)



  Now that we feel like we understand most of the rules and can now focus on understanding the game, we're going to paint these models up.  My buddy kept his Nomads and let me keep the PanO guys and we plan on painting them just like their pictures.  Obviously, Triggers is getting painted first.  That girl deserves the Moon, or at least some colour before everyone else...

  There will be posts on that and some good hobby stuff on fades, possibly NMMs, and probably flesh lessons.  When?  Hey, get off my sack over here!  Stay tuned and Happy Gaming!

No comments:

Post a Comment