Pages

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Captain Goldfish at work!!!

I have not been able to keep my focus in the hobby for the last few months.  I haven't been able to complete a single project, if not for a lack of time then certainly for a lack of discipline.  But I have been working on stuff, and rather than not post anything and let y'all get bored with me (most of you probably have and I don't blame ya), I figured I'd post some WIPs and what I've been tinkering on.

Since the release of Storm of Magic, I've been trying to paint up this Chimera.  I based it loosely on the same color scheme as He-Man's tiger mount, but I'm just not 'feelin' it.

So I jumped to the Shaggoth.  Unfortunately, I'm not happy with the way the skin is coming out, so I stopped.  Unfortunately, I haven't really thought about how I want it to look when I'm done...

I decided to start working on some characters.  I pulled out my old Huron Blackheart model and started to work on it.  I got bored.

So I pulled out my Empire army again and decided to change my color scheme.  I had originally chosen Ostermark as my home-province, but I've since changed my mind.  I'm going to paint them all to match Ostland (black and white, with red bull-heads), and I've started to rip the shields off so I can shave them flat.  That turned out to be alot of shields, so I quickly lost my motivation and decided to try something bigger.

While I was working on the characters, I decided to update my BA captain.  I have to start putting chapter insignia and squad markings on that army, and he was the first to get done.  I planned to paint his thunderhammer the same as power weapons in that army, but I got distracted.  Also, I'll show you more details on this guy when I do the blog showcasing my Blood Angels at tourney standard...

That bigger thing that I wanted to work on turned out to be none other than the cursed Stormraven gunship.  I have to get it done, one way or another.  I successfully shaded in the lines and corners and now I've got to do the second basecoat. 

But I decided to drybrush my Dreadknight instead.  Still needing to be washed with blue ink, I almost thought about dumping the other nine models I have to paint into this step.  Sadly, the news that the NFL and PA had settled completely unsettled my painting mojo again and I forgot about this mission.  PS- football is coming back!!!  Thank the Emperor.

Unfortunately, I started to work on my Chaos Sorcerer Lord again.  If it weren't for Storm of Magic, I wouldn't even be thinking about my Warriors of Chaos army.  But this model is really cool and looks like alot of fun to paint.  Let's see how long it is before I flake out on this one...

All these projects, so little time.  No, that's not true.  I have a ton of projects, but I also have all the time in the world to do them.  I just lack discipline.  Every time I start something, hey look!  A castle!


No comments:

Post a Comment