
And then comes the new 11th edition "Armageddon" box. This has a ton of models!!! And they're awesome!!! The bigges problem I have is that the options are not reflected, making the Ork side a bit boring. Otherwise, the models are phenomenal and two sets makes many of them (if they pack the boxes correctly, this is. But that's a different story for a different post)...
First came the lots of building part of the process. Once these push-fit models were assembled, I popped them off their bases and primed the models white. My plan is to use Speed Paints or Contrast to get this [suddenly completely new] army painted quickly.

I will admit that I love the new characters. I already have a Banner Nob and a Weirdboy, and about a half dozen Warbosses. But these models area remarkable in their simplicity and detail. I believe the work is "elegant"- not something you hear with Orks. The only complaint I have is that the Warboss is about as 'basic' as you can get- no armour, no Power Klaw, no supah-shoota, no attack Squig, nothing! I will probably be using my outdated older Warboss models in-game as theuy're just more effective (cooler wargear is always cooler!).
I built and primed all the large vehicles with black instead of white. My normal colour-scheme for Orks is rusty, and that is done best over black (like any metal). That being said, I may just choose to add real colours to the models...

As always, Happy Hobbying!





No comments:
Post a Comment