Friday, August 21, 2026

Relic and Ork terrain

  If you haven't heard the incessant excuse-making from the last posts- I've been working on a lot of projects on top of working very hard (jobs gotta be done and bills gotta get paid!).  But I can't stay limited to one game or system currently as I have that gamer ADHD- a pretty board and a detailed miniature creates desire and inevitably leads to another whole product-line in the pile-of-shame.  But I'm on a deadline and am actually sacraficing my weekends to the paintbrush and model.  Well, instead of reading my whinging, let me show you yet another of my distractions.  

  A pretty board means good terrain.  I'm working on two games right now- Space Gitz and Relic Knights.  I have tons of 40k terrain and a good deal of natural terrain to use for fantasy, but I don't have Ork/Orcish or just regular generic sci-fi terrain for these two games.  Many bucks and a 3d printer-going-brrrr finally added some of that but now I needed to get it ready for use.  

  I didn't take a lot of pictures this time, but I can promise that the Ork terrain is already looking great with so many colours added.  You'll see if and when I get to posting those.  Now the T'au terrain on the other hand...  The airbrush absolutely failed me a few times and I've had to revert to the 'ol paintbrush to get that coloured.  The set still isn't completely done, but it looks great so far!


  Now I would be completely remiss if I didn't mention my buddy's terrain company- it worked for my last game of 10th edition and I'm sure they'll be updating for 11th.  The ruins are so detailed and the templates are not intrusive to the table at all (it's surprising how much that matters!).  I definitely recommend checking out Only War for a tabletop set.  I got two!!!



  Happy Hobbying!


No comments:

Post a Comment